Friday 4 February 2011

Egypt Protests & Deaths - Home life

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future social historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find…..

My last blog was talking about Tunisia but now Egypt is far more serious. The Egyptians have come out on the streets with a vengeance. They wanted to get rid of their President of 30 years who it appears is a despot of the worst kind, but kept in power by the money from USA and the backing of many world wide governments. I suppose the trouble is its proximity to Israel and Palestine. I called it a powder keg last time and that it surely is for it might fall into the hands of extremists and spreads in a crescent of countries round the Mediterranean coast of Africa, Just look at the map and then notice the line of countries that lie below them. Not a secure or happy area.

                   

The Egyptians have suffered many deaths and injuries during the protests and still they have not got what they wanted. If they do I am not sure the President, who has offered to stand down at the next election, is right when he says standing down right away will cause a vacuum that will be filled with the wrong sort. I can understand the popular idea that they want him out and things will be OK, too simplistic I fear.

Well David is watching the England Vs Wales Rugby match downstairs and I have come up to my bedroom to write this and watch something else, if there is anything worth watching. I stayed for the best bit – the Welsh singing. Life has gone on much the same except I have not felt too well, nothing I can put my finger on just not right. So have rested and, yes, knitted. I did go to my ‘Fat Club’ but had not lost an ounce. Think something has change since having my gallbladder out, can’t seem to lose even on the plan which usually works very well. Did a bit of research and found some others had the same problem. Must look into it a bit more. I did go out for a walk with the dog today but the wind was awful.

I experienced an allergic reaction to some mascara eye make-up which was most uncomfortable and my eyes are still red. Luckily it was bought from Avon at the door and they take back anything and refund, I have used Avon since the 1960s, sold it myself twice, and never had a bad reaction to anything of theirs. It was a water proof mascara so perhaps it had something different in it. I ask for it to be reported.

Made up a new recipe tonight. I used Turkey mince, which is cheap and low fat, three bits of bacon, egg yoke, herbs and pepper. I cooked and chopped the bacon up into small  bits, mixed it all together. I made thin burgers of the mix, rolled them in home made bread crumbs and fried in sprayed oil, Don’t forget I am trying to loose weight. Anyway they tasted very good and I shall make them again sometime.

A pop up has just said my son is on line but I shan’t bother him tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment