Thursday 10 February 2011

Memory for Michael Evans - Mitts for a friend

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future social historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find…..
 
Tomorrow is going to be a sad day for me as I have to go to the funeral of a very dear, old friend of mine. He was the kindest, most generous man I ever met and although not rich, came to the rescue of myself and other friends not once but several times. He always offered his help before one asked, Over Ninety, he was much into computers in his latter years and often turned to me for help when he was learning. As I went up in computers specs so he bought my older, unwanted computer which helped to finance my new ones. I will miss his bright ‘Hello Julie’ when he answered the phone and his warm interest in my happenings. Yes, I will miss Michael very much.

Still a very quiet life for me. The weather has been windy, chilly, grey and damp. I have not felt like walking out so have been very lazy although I have knitted a pair of mitts for my friend who suffers the cold in her hands with arthritis. Not a good picture but gives an idea.

                               
I went to ‘fat club’ tonight and managed to lose half a pound, not much but at least it is something. I have been really good and kept a diary of everything I ate. I am better when I get my exercise and usually lose more, so must try harder next week.

The world is still going slowly to hell in a hand cart. Egypt is still protesting but getting nowhere. Our government thinks it has sorted out the banking industry and Nick Clegg got a pasting from a group of students about fees. Food prices are rising precipitously and fuel prices the same. More people are out of work than for a long time. Yet day to day life for me seems to be about the same. I guess it will all hit me personally soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment