Sunday 3 July 2011

Obesity Problem Everwhere

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future social historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find…..

I have to address this obesity problem in Britain and in many other parts of the world such as the USA. You may know from previous blogs I fight fat all the time or it goes back on at an alarmingly fast rate. I have lost about 4 stone in the past. Today my husband and I walked into Teignmouth with the dog and stopped to have a cool drink, Yes it's sunny now my holiday is over. Sitting outside a cafĂ© I looked at the people walking by and had to say there was never a moment when there wasn’t a fat person passing by. What is more many were obese. They strolled by eating ice creams, sat in cafes eating high calorie foods and drinking canned sweet drinks. Don’t get me wrong I am not innocent in all this over eating. I am just as bad as the next although I think I have addressed it a bit more than most of them.

Today there is a news item that 500,000 children are at risk of liver disease due to being overweight. Many will die young from this and things like stroke and diabetes. But also they could get cirrhosis of the liver without alcohol being implicated. Wrong food, no exercise and sitting around with computers and sedentary games is the cause. There does not seem to be any answer to it. The poorer people are the more they eat cheap bad food and the less they exercise.

I wish I could help more but if people are not willing or even interested to listen then there is nothing one can do, only look after self and close loved ones as well as possible.
                                                                      ***
Going to have another go at learning my new graphics tablet later but a rest first. Well… I am 76 and I have walked to Teignmouth (about 3 miles).

No comments:

Post a Comment