Monday 20 June 2011

Apologies for not writing this blog

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future social historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find….. 

I have not done too well with this blog for posterity, half a year gone and mostly I have not posted anything even as short as a Tweet! Do you still have Twitter? It is writing a short blog on a web site called – Twitter. You can follow other Tweeters and lately I have followed the presenters of a TV Programme called Spring Watch, about wild life in Britain. Most people have actual friends who follow each other and keep in touch with what’s happening to them. I haven’t got anybody that as daft as me to tweet, well not in my age group of friends. Most of them can hardly use a mobile phone yet. Then my few followers are hoping for some kind of pecuniary happening i.e. to sell me something. I have no idea how they find me but I expect there is a program that if a particular thing is mentioned they latch onto it. But it has gone on to greater things and is part of the worlds happening, particularly in the Middle East revolts along with Facebook, more bloggy. Oh, I am maybug76 on Twitter

So this is not a Tweet, it’s a blog and I people don’t get to hear of a little old lady writing in a small town in southern Britain and I have not kept up with my idea to tell the future about life in 2011. I have brought down my notebook computer from my bedroom as I realised that my downstairs computer is often monopolised by my husband. Today we are technically on holiday but have not gone away. We are supposed to be going out for days but the weather is very rainy and cold for June and so far we have stayed in. Hence not being able to get to the downstairs computer. I am determined to go out for a little bit of retail therapy today, whatever, so have sent husband and dog out for a longer than usual walk and then we can leave her to go to Torquay Shopping or at least window shopping. Torquay is a famous holiday resort and is only just over a couple of hills from home. So I can pretend I have gone away. Actually going to look at refrigerators as we have just discovered ours has a bad cracked casing.

Will try hard to keep in touch from now on even if it only as short as a Tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment