Saturday 25 June 2011

Twittering, Grand Prix weekend, Diabetes 2 cure?

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future social historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find….. 

I am becoming quite a good social twitt – er. I have been collecting followers lately who seem mostly to be reacting to the fact I have put ‘writer’ in my profile. Now in the shape of things five followers is so minimal as to be almost the same as none. When I go on these ‘followers’ sites they have thousands of followers and follow thousands more. I think they will be most disappointed in me. Still it a bit of fun in my quiet life. I am maybug76 on Twitter.

It’s a Grand Prix weekend so cars squeal across my room today and tomorrow. I can stand it for about half an hour then I disappear upstairs to my bedroom, the only other room I can go to in our small house. Even dog knows not to bother my husband on GP days. Oh yes, it means I have to get the food ready without any help at all, surprised he can find his mouth to eat it! I get so bored with it – yak,yak, yak from the presenters. Still, I suppose it is a male thing - cars.

Had a problem with Google Chrome browser in the Cloud Printing. Tried to start it but it would not work and I got left with an error message that still won’t go away after many tries to reset. Think It won’t work from anything but tablets and phones yet and I shouldn’t have tried it. Have to take it to my IT fellow to mend it.

My weight saga. Not having much to do this week of holiday due to the bad weather I have stuffed myself with goodies. The scales this morning groaned and I screamed. Oh dear, right back were I was a months ago. Weeks ahead on ‘The Plan’ which is supposed not to leave you hungry – BUT DOES.

Interesting news yesterday re Diabetes 2 cure. Due to so many obese people having gastric operations which cut down drastically what they eat, they have found if they had diabetes 2 it went away. So they now think if you starve at about 600 calories a day for about 6 to 8 weeks (Boy, you’d really be hungry) it kick starts the pancreas producing insulin again. The fat around the pancreas had stopped it  and eventually causes the illness. It would be great if something as simple as cutting down calories was a cure. For years they have said don’t eat this or that but this is just the amount you eat. I haven’t had this problem myself but might have had I stayed at the 4 stone heavier that I was. I am now only need to lose half to one stone but have been in this no man’s land for some time now. Must try harder so I am at my best for my Ruby Wedding anniversary in September.

Anniversaries mean  a lot to us in 2011 and I would not be surprised if they still do in 2525. It seems to be a very human thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment