Thursday 23 June 2011

The drama of the new tablet computer

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future social historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find….. 

I am supposed to be telling you what it is – sorry it was – like in 2011. It is my premise for this blog. I liked the idea because I have no one that will be interested enough to read my doings and happenings so I can make up for it by addressing people in the far future of 2525 and beyond. The good thing is they can’t answer back or criticise. So Here is what we are interested in 2011. Gadgets. Particularly computer type gadgets. Though I like others like my new halogen oven and my electric cheese grater.

I mentioned before that we have exchanged our holiday going out places from home, eating nice meals out and visiting places for – a new tablet computer for my husband. Well….. it’s been raining all week and it is not supposed to get better until next Sunday so …

From the moment that the button was pushed and the tablet computer – an Acer Iconia tab A500  with Android Honeycomb OS – was ordered it’s been - looking up the delivery times, yes it’s been sent, yes its coming tomorrow, I had a voice mail. ‘Jule, it could be here anytime from 8’. ‘I’m taking the dog out don’t have your bath yet.’ ( As it was raining again I had decided to have a long morning soaking in a bubble bath and reading this month Digital Photo mag.).

The morning went by and no delivery van. ‘He’s got lost’. Then my husband went up stairs to the loo. That did it. ‘Jule quick, quick, answer the door, there’s a big green and yellow van outside’. Thank goodness for that. The parcel was soon opened and the tablet put on charge. The rest of the day has been ‘Look at this Jule – come and see this – you must see this, its really great’  only to be presented with a picture of a woman that gradually lost her muscles, blood system and on down to her bones – Oh yes, she revolved as well. ‘Lovely dear’. (OMG)

As I write this at half eleven he is still trying to work it all out as there were absolutely no real instructions at all. I belive you can down load a manual online but that would indubitably be too easy!

Me, I had a short walk with the dog, read my new downloaded book (very sexy) and have been very lazy. I have continued to eat nice holiday things and drink white wine. The latter two thing are usually not allowed as I put on weight very easily. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment