Wednesday 29 June 2011

Ram Raid and Strikes

Holiday at home has been over for two days now and I still feel exhausted. Not what you are supposed to feel after a restful holiday. Caught up with the washing and now have a large pile of ironing for tomorrow. But tonight I have to go and face fat club with something like 3 extra pounds on my body. Ugh! I now have two and half months before my Ruby anniversary to get it off and fit into some decent clothing. I have walked to town and back with the dog yesterday and today. Hope that helps.

There has been a ram raid on a little Post Office the other side of Dawlish. I am not surprised. They said on the news that crime was creeping up due to the bad economic conditions. There are no jobs, something like 80 people or more going for every job. A friend’s husband applies but does not even get answers.

Public workers are going on strike tomorrow, mostly school teachers but others are joining in. Schools are closing and airports are in trouble as the immigration department are closing. I am not surprised. They want them to work an extra 8 years before retirement, pay more than now and get less! I don’t think they will win any reprieve as there is no money in the national kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment