Wednesday 19 January 2011

A Bright Blue Day

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future social historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find…..
We woke up this morning and there was a clear blue sky. As David didn’t have any work until the afternoon we quickly had our breakfast, checked that the tide was low and set off to walk along the Teignmouth sea wall. I took a flask of hot chocolate drink with us and biscuits for the dog. It was chilly but so lovely and bright. Beginning to get SAD disease with so little sunshine in the past few weeks.
The sea wall looking toward Teignmouth. A bit washed out as I was taking itinto the sun and only on my phone camera.

    

We got back in time to have a little sit down and then after lunch David when off to work and didn’t get back till after seven O’clock. I sat and tried to get to grips with a cable jersey I had decided to knit for David. It is more complicated than I thought it would be and I have undone it several times having gone wrong with the twisting pattern. Yesterday I made up a grid on paper to write down every row which has helped a bit but I still went wrong. Poor David is going to wait rather a long time for his new Jersey I think.

My Computer repair man was due to come at four but like all computer repair men, I have found, he was an hour late. His previous jobs always seem to over run and if you are at the end of his list he is late. Not too much wrong with our main computer, he cleaned it up and put in an extension wire for our wireless keyboard and mouse that had been jumping all over the place. Apparently it had been crossing with something else. Personally I can deal with using computers and software quite well but it mechanics are completely beyond me so hence the computer repair man. Actually Sam it great and very clever with computers in fact we bought our main computer from him and so far it has been great.

Poor Pakistan – what karma does it have? An earthquake, a flood and now another earthquake. I feel very sorry for them. I am a great supporter of Shelterbox partly because the help is quick and direct to the people who need it, secondly all money donated goes to the work. It started here in the West Country by a man in Cornwall. I wish I was nearer so I could offer my services when there is a disaster going on. Another thing is that even if you only send a small donation they write back a thanks telling you where you money has been used, With all the disasters lately it is a charity that is needed.
Prices on everything are rising astronomically particularly car fuel. Everything else is going up as well. Belt tightening time is here.

2 comments:

  1. I love that pic!!

    I wonder if they'll have any idea in 2525 what a keyboard and mouse is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked a poem to this post...it won't publish until the 25th, but I wanted to let you know because it was inspired by the pic and I didn't want to copy and paste the photo :)

    ReplyDelete