Thursday 13 January 2011

Hairdressers

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find…..
12/1/2011
 
A morning at home doing the usual sorts of things. David had appointment so was out of the way. He came home for lunch, After lunch he drove me to Teignmouth for my hair dressers appointment. Had a wander around as I was early and after getting money out of a hole in the wall machine I went to have a coffee only to find my favourite coffee house had closed down. I found another which I didn’t like too much and the coffee although cheaper was muck.

After a nice visit to the hair dresser I called David who was home by then to come and fetch me home. We met in the Co-op store after I had bought a few bit and pieces.

About five O’clock we had a cook up. We made a soup with root vegetables and the last of the Roast chicken plus lentils and condiments. At the same time we made up a spaghetti bolognese with a tin of tomatoes and mince beef. I had bought. Had it with pasta, very nice.

World News

The floods in Australia are getting worse and a friend reminded me that a mutual friend was in the middle of it visiting relations. Hope she is OK. It has moved down to Brisbane and was like Boscastle only 8 times worse. Cars floating off down the river torrents. Here at home we are in for more and more rain ourselves. 60 cm forecast by this time tomorrow. Thank goodness we live on a hilltop. For me it makes my joints ache so I shall stay in and keep warm.

Art work of mine from a photo of a summer steam train that ocmes thugh our town on Sundays.

              

No comments:

Post a Comment