Tuesday 4 January 2011

Vat up to 20%


3/1/20011

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future social historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find…..

News that does affect me and mine tonight is that the VAT tax is going up by two and a half percent to 20%. That is the highest as far as I can remember It affects us mostly on car fuel and our electricity and gas bills. Well of course all our bills come to that. I will have to keep a sharp eye on our out goings for a while. This is all because we, as a country, are in terrible debt and the VAT hike is supposed to help pay it off. I’ll bet it doesn’t go down again unless there are more riots and that’s a possibility. Thank God I am too old for any protesting now.

The floods in Australia are getting worse and the peek is expected today or tomorrow. I suppose it is their tomorrow by now.

Another quiet day for me. David went out on one appointment but the weather didn’t entice me at all, Still wet and cold. No sun now for five days. Indeed more snow on Dartmoor above us and in Scotland. I tried to finish the second hat with hearts on but went wrong on the last line of pattern and had to undo most of it. (Swear word). Tomorrow I shall try to go on the local bus to Dawlish to get a bit of food shopping. I am all over the place with the food shop because of the Christmas holiday. I usually either get it on line at Tescos and delivered or David takes me to Teignmouth. We more or less shop for a week and store it in the fridge or freezer.

I am back to trying to eat to a plan as I have put on weight eating too much this Christmas. I heard a text on a radio show today. A lady said
‘I have three sizes of clothes in my wardrobe, one fat, one medium and one small. I have manage to only get the medium clothes after out this Christmas.
Oh I know how she feels, some of my clothes are a little more than tight this year. I will be going back to ‘Fat Club’ as soon as the weather is better. I need help. I’ll write more on this subject of the Fat Club later.

No comments:

Post a Comment