Friday 7 January 2011

Lazy January Days

PLEASE NOTE that this is not a diary but an attempt to leave writings intended for future social historians in 2525 and beyond. The 2525 is taken from the song by Zager and Evans,,,,
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find…..

These January days have been short, dark and wet and I have not felt like doing much. The radio and television are full of ‘are you keeping up your new year resolutions?’ I didn’t really make one because I always put on weight at Christmas and have to get back on my eating plan in the first days of the year anyway. It is not really so surprising that for most people the resolution is to lose weight as they have just announced that a quarter of the people in this country are obese or at least over weight. With half the world starving the other half can’t stop eating something is wrong somewhere.

I myself have spent the last two to three years losing 4 stone in weight. As some of the programmes have been saying, it is not hard to lose weight – what is hard is keeping it off. I have watched and listen to advice, belong to a ‘Fat Club’ called Slimming World, (Which is very good by the way) but along comes the Christmas or summer holidays and on goes half a stone just like that. I hope one day that they find some way of keeping weight off yet allowing one to enjoy some of the pleasures of food.

One of my hobbies is knitting and I finished off two hats with hearts moffits for my friend’s two young girls which they picked up today. I think they liked them and I hope they weren’t just being polite. But yesterday I started a new kind of knitting for me called ‘knitting board knitting. It is a series of nails in a board that you wind the wool around and loop stitches over the nails to make double sided knitting, My first go was not so good but I think I have the way of it now. I am making scarves to match the hats, well that is all the wool I have in stock. You can see what I mean on
www.knittingboard.com This is my first go on the knitting board.

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment